Are you thinking of making the move? Do you want more space and time in your life?
For these reasons, amongst many others, businesses, professionals and digital nomads are making the move right now. We've done the rounds and chatted to a diverse bunch of 'new locals' to get their take on why they moved and how it's going for them. Every story is different, the options are endless and it's all up to you ...
Port Macquarie vs Hawaii
It was no contest for this international family! Port Macquarie lured the Rinkin family with amazing lifestyle, housing affordability, high quality education and business opportunities. And anyway, Hawaii is a pretty quick commute (under normal circumstances)!
Work-Life Balance is a Beautiful thing!
James & Georgia found that making the sea-change to Port Macquarie not only meant more time with their young kids, but it was great for their professional lives as well.
Taking the plunge into building a Physiotherapy business
Tasmyne & James found Port Macquarie to be the ideal place to start their own Physiotherapy business.
The day they arrived in Bonny Hills, Kirsty and Nick Rayner saw a pod of whales breaching from Rainbow Beach. That was the moment they knew they’d made the right decision.
Scott and Sarah made a list of wants and needs when deciding where to settle, and Port Macquarie was the clear winner. There are parks and beaches for their young family to explore, plus the region’s a perfect fit for their tiny house manufacturing business.
While zig-zagging around Australia in a sunny yellow campervan, towing their retro coffee van behind them, adventure-loving couple Jess and Andy made a short stop in Port Macquarie - or so they thought!
Phi and Colby– a young couple with a passion for the great outdoors have made the move here and are loving where they live, on and off the road!
Aimee Pelley is taking her creative talents to the world one workshop at a time.
Like many, Vivien from Solar Bare had her aha moment while relaxing on holidays, the difference being that she acted on it.
Jason Knight from creative studio Moved by Design services clients Australia-wide and has one message for those that might also consider unlocking the ultimate coastal lifestyle.
With the opportunity to bring their jobs to Port Macquarie, Jill and Steve now enjoy a dreamy hinterland lifestyle.
Anna and Nathan, a young couple that left lucrative city careers in the oil and gas industry, took the plunge in 2016 to buy a business and make Greater Port Macquarie their home.
Two women who are kicking goals from Port Macquarie are fashion designer Vivien Mitchell and artist Aimee Pelley. Read their story here.
Business happens here
We want you to share our great life in Greater Port Macquarie. Simply relax and enjoy all that’s on offer, study, grab a good job with an easy commute, host friends and family, work for yourself or invest where the returns are rewarding. No matter what you choose you will never look back! Welcome to Greater Port Macquarie.
Lighthouse Beach at Sunset
5 reasons to do business here
There are many great reasons to do business here, but here's five of the best:
- A strong and resilient economy. Our impressive track record for economic growth and ongoing demand in health, education, construction, professional services and retail, ensure there’s business opportunities here for you.
- The perfect lifestyle destination. Attracted by our perfect climate and relaxed pace, sea-changers and tree-changers are discovering our region and finding welcoming communities, a vibrant cultural, arts and food scene plus plenty of sport, recreation and creative activities.
- A strategically located, regional hub. Centrally located between Sydney and Brisbane with well-connected road, rail and air networks, the Port Macquarie-Hastings region is the perfect place to be in business. Direct daily flights to Sydney and Brisbane, make business travel a breeze.
- An active and innovative business community. Being such a desirable place to visit and live, we attract great people. Innovation and entrepreneurship is thriving here, and an array of active business support networks are in place to support businesses at all stages of growth.
- Major projects and big picture planning for growth. With our population expected to grow beyond 103,000 in the next two decades, we’re taking action now with world class water and sewer systems, well thought out transport networks and industrial estates with highway exposure, modern housing estates and access to innovative technology.
Looking for facts and stats on our region?
Find out about our Economic Profile, Community Profile, forecasts for the future and a snapshot of our local area - click here
Business Investment and Lifestyle
Thinking of moving to Greater Port Macquarie? Here you will find opportunities to live, grow and be in a stunning region with the best lifestyle and climate in the country!
View our business, investment and lifestyle guide - Live, Grow, Be.